Thursday 22 November 2012

Inspiration Leaves

Occasionally it does.
Confronted by an empty cutting mat and neatly tidied supplies.  Overwhelmed by a pile of newly printed photos and a mountain of stash.
My mojo disappears.  Entirely.

What to do?  Where to start?

I normally resort to a quick surf around my favourite sites: what's the weekly challenge over on UKScrappers, or is there an inspiring sketch at Pagemaps, or how about a sketch or a challenge from the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog?  Or some combination?

The second challenge for November at the CKCB was to use autumn foliage for inspiration.  Hmmm - not an easy task with the colours I had chosen for my kit, nor great for the photos I wanted to get scrapping with.  So I did a quick Google for images and found this gorgeous spectrum of leaves from the same maple tree.  I'm a sucker for a rainbow of colour ...

Photo - Autumn Leaves Spectrum of colour by Chris Glass
Source

And here's the page that grew out of that inspiration: spiky shapes, colourful changes, curves ...

Layout - Fun By The Bus Load - Jimjams

Layout detail - flowers made from punched snowflakes
It's a little bit of a cheat to be honest as the only things from my November Counterfeit Kit are the block of paper and the large alphas.  And yes, I did manage to combine it with the weekly challenge on UKS which asked for home-made flowers, punched shapes (they're made with snowflakes), inking and crumpling!

I'm off to look for a sketch now to keep my creative juices flowing and stop inspiration from leaving!

18 comments:

Lesley G said...

That's brilliant Jemma, Love the way your flowers flow out of the picture.
I too have lost my mojo but with some goodies arriving yesterday I may just "do" something today...

Mary B said...

OH WOWSIE this is Supercalafragelisticexpialidocious
great inspiration and lovely stitching will have to pinch some of those ideas

eClaire said...

this is great JJ, I really love how the flowers spill out from the photo

alexa said...

I don't think your mojo has gone anywhere, Jemma! These shapes and colours are wonderful and such an imaginative use of thread and buttons!

Tracie said...

wow! As always I am in awe! Just LOVE this!! So much work brilliantly executed! x

glorygirl said...

WOW!!!! This is so amazing!!!! Love every single detail on this page!!! Brilliant!

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

This is stunning!! I love the stitched and punches elements! They appear to come right off the page!

Alison said...

Love everything about this.....and the title is fab!
Alison xx

Julie H said...

I'm a sucker for a rainbow of colour too (in fact I've just pinned your page to my rainbow board on Pinterest!) Love how your flowers flow seamlessly out of your photo!

Melissa said...

I love the use of the buttons & stitching!

Missus Wookie said...

Oh this is awesome - I am so nicking that spiky button/ray thing for a layout that is currently percolating (not going to happen for a couple of weeks so it has time to percolate some more ;)

The shapes flowing out and extending the photo is brilliant too.

happysnapper said...

Inspiration explosion there jj. This is so good I love the textured snow flake extension.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great looking page! I love the rainbow stitching!

Susanne said...

As if the rainbow was not stunning enough, you've added the punched shapes floating into the picture. Brilliant!

Lisa said...

your use of stitching, embroidery and string art on your pages never fails to amaze me - another super one!

Anonymous said...

Still loving that page :)

MA

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

I love it! I never would have noticed the "snowflakes" as snowflakes if you hadn't said so. Very, very pretty page!

Tara O said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!! I am so inspired by your LO that I might have to copy it myself somehow. ;)